- We now offer drive-thru PCR COVID-19 testing at Caring Wellness Pharmacy!
- We currently operate on a first-come first-serve basis, but to help us expedite the process, you may fill out part of the paperwork at home. Download & Print the COVID-19 Screening Form
- When you arrive at the drive-thru window, please have your driver’s license and insurance card readily available.
You must register here Here before you come in for a COVID test.
The pharmacy is a collection site for a lab. We collect your personal, billing information, and specimen and ship them to the lab overnight. We can not guarantee you will get your results for reasons out of our control
(i.e. delays related to the delivery of shipments). Sometimes if the result is “indeterminate” a repeat of the test will be needed. If your result is time-sensitive, you may consider a rapid test, which you have to make an appointment for, and pay for, but you can call your insurance for reimbursement. To inquire about your test result for the PCR test, or inquire about the rapid test, please call the pharmacy at (518) 783-1210.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How long does this test take?
- The test itself is a quick self-swab that takes less than 3 minutes from the time we explain the process. The test is performed at the Drive-thru with pharmacist supervision.
- What are your testing Hours?
Monday - Friday: 9:30am-5:30pm
Saturday: 9:30am - 2:30pm
- How long does it take for results?
- The sample we collect from you is shipped overnight to the lab and it arrives the following morning (except samples collected on Saturday). Most results become available 24-48 hours from the time the lab receives it. However, if the sample is “indeterminate” the lab will reprocess the test and it will take an additional 12 hours on average but this scenario is rare. Overall, you should have your results within 48-60 hours after taking your test with us!
- How do I get my results?
- The lab will contact you directly by text and email with a link to view your results. You will enter the email and phone number during pre-registration, so please provide a cellular phone number. Your results are password protected, with directions to access your results given to you in the same message as the link to your results.
- What kind of test is it?
- This is a nasal swab that you will perform under our supervision and direction. You may have heard about nasopharyngeal swab tests, which are done further in the nasal cavity and may worry some patients. Since this is only a nasal swab, most patients tolerate it well and do not report any pain (though you may experience a strong tickling sensation afterwards!)
- Additionally, this test is a PCR COVID-19 test. This means that results are NOT rapid, and you will not get them the same day, but the results are highly accurate. PCR COVID tests are currently accepted by most employers, airlines, and other organizations as a definitive diagnostic test.
- How accurate is this test?
- This PCR test is highly specific to SARS-CoV-2, the virus which causes COVID-19. If you test positive on this test, the virus is in your body, and the rates of a false positive are nearly none.
- However, there are a few ways that you may get a false negative on this test. The PCR COVID-19 test is 95-99% accurate in giving you a negative result when you truly have no amount of virus in your body. This means that in some cases, you may be truly positive (the virus is in your body), but the results come back negative. This may happen because not enough of the virus was obtained in your sample, because you have very recently contracted the virus, or because of the low chance of test failure.
- What should I do if I test positive?
- Current CDC guidelines recommend that you quarantine for 10 days after receiving a positive result, starting from the day of your test if you are a symptomatic, or the day your symptoms started. You also have to be fever free for 24 hours without taking fever reducing medications before you can be around others. Please stay home and wear a mask whenever you interact with others, including those in your own household. During your quarantine, if you need medications but cannot leave your house, Caring Wellness Pharmacy offers quick prescription transfers and home delivery.
- How much is the test cost?
- The test is at no cost to you. The lab can bill your insurance for the test. Most, if not all, insurances covers the cost of the test entirely, if the test is medically necessary (i.e. you have symptoms or got exposed to a known positive case). You will be asked screening questions in the form for the reason you want to be tested. We will not collect a copay from you at the time of service. For specific questions about insurance coverage please contact your insurance. If you do not have insurance and you have a medical reason to be test (as indicated above), we will submit your information to the Cares Act. and you will not pay for the test. Otherwise, the cost of the test is $109. If you are an employer and would like to pay the cost for your employees to be tested periodically, we will get a volume discount. Please call the pharmacy for details.
No appointment needed the pre-registration help us serve you faster.